Sunday, March 01, 2009

Our Week In Review – March 1, 2009

Our-Week-In-Review-3 These posts are very useful for me because they show me how much my kids are really learning even during weeks when I feel like we have done very little.  I have had a constant headache with several migraines since we arrived back from our trip on Monday.  I had originally planned that we would get right back in to a full school schedule, but it never materialized.  Here’s what we did manage this week:

We watched several DVR shows, including one on George Washington and a number of Food Network shows.

The kids did Math and Spanish (Wild Man) and Latin (Ga’hoole Girl) several days.

Mr. Math Tutor read the rest of Endymion Spring to us.

Both kids have outlines ready for their science projects.

Both kids have been reading novels of their choice.

The kids cleaned the kitchen together on Friday so that Ga’hoole Girl could bake and frost a chocolate cake (with Wild Man’s help).  That was wildly successful!!

So, the week was certainly not an educational loss.  I am, of course, hoping for more structure next week, but we do the best we can.  Check out Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see how others fared this week!

No comments: