2015 was a year of challenges and blessings.
- PWM continued to teach high school and middle school math.
- We decided to close The Knitting Nest this summer.
- My headaches have stayed about the same.
- Rosie Girl is still in college studying for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music with Minor in Religious Studies.
- Wild Man is senior in high school.
- My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a party that my brother and I threw for them in Florida over Thanksgiving!
- We welcomed Ashley, a Chinese exchange student into our home for the rest of the school year.
So, what's up for 2016? The plan is for Wild Man to graduate high school. Other than that, I just don't know!
I've decided that my phrase for this year is "Let Go". I've found over the last few years that my life is easier when I just let life happen and quit trying to have control over every last detail. My goal this year is to control only the things that I need to control and let the rest of it go. I imagine this will require lots of prayer along with my meds and healthy lifestyle.
Don't get me wrong, I don't plan to neglect anything. This is part of my multi-year goal of pursuing peace. Last year, I worked on focus. As part of that, I gave away a lot of "stuff". We closed The Knitting Nest and gave away or sold the physical assets of the business (except the building). I also gave away the majority of our books that we don't need. This year's phrase of "Let Go" is the next step. I've been gradually getting rid of physical things. This year's phrase reminds me to let go of the emotional and spiritual baggage that I don't need.
Here are some scripture passages that reflect my phrase of the year:
Happy New Year!!