So, everybody has some version of homemade pizza. What’s so special about mine? Well, it’s mine! Is that narcissistic or what?! Anyway, we had homemade pizza the other night and it turned out really well, so I decided to share what we did. You might like to try some of our ideas.
- Pizza crust recipe – I adjust this to use bread machine yeast
- Olive oil
- Contadina pizza sauce
- “Fake Alfredo sauce” – it’s “Healthier Cream Sauce” with parmesan cheese added
- Assorted shredded cheeses
- Pepperoni (we usually also have spiced ground beef)
- Diced, sauted chicken
- Diced, sauted garlic (pieces as large or small as you like)
- Pickles (for my daughter)
- Spinach (for me)
- Anything else you like
- One of the nice things about my kids now being 11 and 14 is that they are old enough for things like doing their own pizza crust. Everyone took their ball of pizza dough and formed it into an eight inch diameter crust.
- My son and I put our pizzas on insulated pans because we don’t like crispy crusts but my daughter and hubby used regular pans. In a perfect world, we’d have a pizza stone, or at least an unglazed patio stone (per Alton Brown), but we haven’t gotten around to getting one yet.
- Brush the crust with olive oil.
- Spread on sauce – I like white, everyone else likes red.
- Add veggies and meat.
- Add cheeses.
- Put on pan or pizza stone or patio stone and bake for about 10 minutes at 475-500 degrees or until cheeses are melted and crust is browned.
- Eat and enjoy!!!
This is my pizza with white sauce, spinach, chicken, garlic, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
Wild Man’s pepperoni pizza.
Rosie Girl’s pizza with olives, pepperoni, pickles, and lots of cheese.
Mr. Math Tutor’s pizza with a little bit of everything covered with a lot of cheese!!