Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday – March 23, 2009

mpm2-1

It is rainy and chilly here today.  Not exactly a great day for grocery shopping to my mind.  But, I had to go out anyway, because I slammed my hand in a car door last week and it still hurts, so I went to see one of the NPs at the doctor’s office.  So, I don’t have a broken 5th metacarpal (thankfully), but I did have a very chilly outing.  I also got to chat for a while with the NP with whom I shared an office when I was working – that was cool.  In the grocery store, I saw the interpreter for Spanish-speaking patients that I used to work with as well as the ICU nurse who took care of me after my little near-death experience a few years ago (and, of course, I used to work with her, too).  I find myself seriously wishing the headaches would go away so I could work a little bit – I really miss all those people.

But, I digress.  On to the menus for this week.  Last week, I actually cooked all but one meal, which meant no frozen pizza!  I’m not sure what this week holds, so I made sure we’ve got pizza in the freezer downstairs.  Here’s what I’ve got planned (and I only spent $110 at the grocery store today):

1. Oven fried chicken (yes, again – everyone loved it last night and it was really quick) with fried potatoes and asparagus.

2. Roast beef with mashed potatoes.

3. Tilapia with a light parmesan sauce with pasta (with some cajun spices) and veggies.

4. 40 cloves and a chicken with salad

5. Homemade macaroni and cheese with brocolli

6. Soup night – potato and cheese soup, peanut soup (nope, still haven’t made it yet)

7. Leftovers!!!

Check out Menu Plan Monday to see what others are doing.  And, don’t forget to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.

No comments: