It is rainy and chilly here today. Not exactly a great day for grocery shopping to my mind. But, I had to go out anyway, because I slammed my hand in a car door last week and it still hurts, so I went to see one of the NPs at the doctor’s office. So, I don’t have a broken 5th metacarpal (thankfully), but I did have a very chilly outing. I also got to chat for a while with the NP with whom I shared an office when I was working – that was cool. In the grocery store, I saw the interpreter for Spanish-speaking patients that I used to work with as well as the ICU nurse who took care of me after my little near-death experience a few years ago (and, of course, I used to work with her, too). I find myself seriously wishing the headaches would go away so I could work a little bit – I really miss all those people.
But, I digress. On to the menus for this week. Last week, I actually cooked all but one meal, which meant no frozen pizza! I’m not sure what this week holds, so I made sure we’ve got pizza in the freezer downstairs. Here’s what I’ve got planned (and I only spent $110 at the grocery store today):
1. Oven fried chicken (yes, again – everyone loved it last night and it was really quick) with fried potatoes and asparagus.
2. Roast beef with mashed potatoes.
3. Tilapia with a light parmesan sauce with pasta (with some cajun spices) and veggies.
4. 40 cloves and a chicken with salad
5. Homemade macaroni and cheese with brocolli
6. Soup night – potato and cheese soup, peanut soup (nope, still haven’t made it yet)
Check out Menu Plan Monday to see what others are doing. And, don’t forget to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.