Monday, March 16, 2009

High School Language Arts

For Ga’hoole Girl’s high school language arts, I would just like to have her write a lot.  However, I am a little concerned about the SAT and ACT.  I want to make sure she has enough background in those little details to do OK on the tests.

To that end, I had her do an ACT English practice test this morning to help me figure out her strengths and weaknesses.  The excellent news is that her scaled score would have been about a 27.  The other good news is that I now know that she needs work on commas and verb tenses.  Instead of doing English grammar next year, I will just find some comma review and something to do verb tense usage review for her.

I think the hyperventilation is getting better.  She will do just fine these next four years.

No comments: