The discipline of menu making is truly helpful for me. I don’t actually expect my readers to be terribly interested in my menus, but the very act of making them is good for me. For the few of you who do read these posts, I note a couple of things about my Menu Plan Monday posts. I don’t plan out what I’m going to cook for each day because my headaches are unpredictable and mess up our weeks. Instead, I plan out six dinner menus for the week. Also, I don’t plan anything for Monday since Mr. Math Tutor and Wild Man leave for drum lesson, dance class, and AWANA at about 2:30 on Monday afternoon. Wild Man makes sandwiches for them while Ga’hoole Girl and I eat leftovers. I usually plan another sandwich or leftover day for later in the week to allow for a migraine. So, without further adieu, here are this week’s dinner plans:
1. Roast beef with over fries and roasted asparagus – roast was on sale at the local grocery store and the asparagus is one sale at the Pick’N’Save.
2. Chicken and Dumplings – It’s going to get cold(er) again this week, and whole chickens are on sale at Pick’N’Save.
3. Meatloaf patties, home fries, frozen brocolli
4. Something with duck – I bought duck on sale about a month ago and put it in the freezer. Ga’hoole Girl and I need to get inventive later this week. I’m sure I’ll do a post if it turns out good.
5. Stir-fry with broccoli
6. Sandwiches or frozen pizza – probably Friday night since the kids have to set up their Science Fair projects that evening.
I think one of the good things about setting up menus is that it makes me look at our week and evaluate when I have time to really cook a big meal and when we need to do something quick and easy. Check out Menu Plan Monday for more great ideas.