Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The haircut

Pantene 2

Until today, I hadn’t had my hair cut in over three years.  My hair was down my back, almost to my waist.  I was really enjoying long hair for the first time in my life because it was pretty short for most of my life before this.  But, it was time to get several inches cut off.  It was getting so long that it was just about unmanageable.  I decided, though, that since it was so long, I would donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths program for making wigs for cancer patients.

Pantene 1

Today was the day.  My husband and daughter were supportive, but my son was quite distressed.  He doesn’t like change, and he really didn’t like the idea of my not having long hair.  We decided to make it a big affair, so the kids and I all went to the salon.  The stylist cut off my ponytail first and then washed, cut, and styled my hair.  I hope you agree that the finished product is worth losing 9 inches of hair for!

SANY1380

 

 

Before

 

 

 

SANY1382

 

 

After the ponytail was cut off.

 

 

 

SANY1384

 

 

During the haircut.

 

 

 

SANY1392 Me and my ponytail (which will soon be on it’s way to Pantene Beautiful Lengths).  I just realized that Wild Man was being silly in that picture.  Deep sigh.

 

 

SANY1394 The  final result!  I hope to get a better picture soon.  I’ll post it when I can.  Suffice it to say that I’m happy with the result.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I think it brightens up your face! ( not that it wasn't bright before but you can really see your face now). Anyway, like it! I will have C take a pic tonight of mine! I knew you would be quicker than me! :)