Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Not-So-New Me – February 12, 2009

I have been quite delinquent in posting about my diet and exercise changes over the last couple of weeks.  The good news is that I haven’t been terribly delinquent in the actual practice.

One problem is that I had about two weeks of what seemed like constant migraines, including a trip to the Emergency Department.  Because of that, I have been quite hit and miss with recording things on SparkPeople.

Some things, though, have gone well.  I have started packaging our snack food in zip-top sandwich bags in about 100 calorie increments.  I have also taken to measuring my ice cream so that I get a 150 calorie serving (when I don’t have an ice cream sandwich).  I’ve been eating some fruit and a couple of veggies each day.

Exercise has also been tough.  I did get my complete workout at the health club set up and ready to go.  Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to actually go and do it.  I have been pretty consistent on the treadmill – I only skip it if I have a really rip-roaring migraine.

We’re about to leave on a week-long trip, so my goals are modest.  Don’t eat everything in sight and try to take a walk every couple of days.  When I get back, I’ll get going on recording what I eat with more diligence.

No comments: