Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lagniappe - February 17

I managed to find internet access at a reasonable speed here in southwestern Mississippi. My withdrawal symptoms are easing, although not completely gone. I had over 700 entries in my Google reader, but only got through about 150 before Google kind of seized up and made me stop. But, I got through to Blogger so I thought I'd share with all my bloggy friends what has been going on around here.

  • Our drive was generally uneventful. Our CD of The Fellowship of the Ring didn't work, but we got a book by Eoin Colfer from Cracker Barrel and really enjoyed listening to it - well, the rest of the family enjoyed it. I fell asleep during the last hour or so. Anyway, we'll listen to the last part again on the way to Baton Rouge and then get another book for the way back home (we hope).
  • It is seriously humid in Mississippi. This is not news to me, but I can't say I like it. I don't have to put water in my CPAP machine, but I constantly feel sticky. I am quite thankful for long straight hair that I don't need to worry about styling.
  • Having 10 people in a double wide trailer is loud. Especially when three of them are boys under the age of 11. Thankfully, they played outside some.
  • Ga'hoole Girl and I wore jeans to church on Sunday, but didn't feel nearly as self-conscious as I was afraid we would. My parents go to the big Baptist Church where Sunday morning is THE thing and people dress up. My goal on Sunday mornings is to be awake and clean. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice the disparity in our standards. And, the worship service was quite good. Wild Man really liked the preaching.
  • Yesterday, we went to Natchez to see some Indian Mounds. I'll post pictures and more details later. But, I do have to comment that my mom got one leg stuck in some mud up to her knees. Now that she's safely out without losing limb or apparel, I can say that it was pretty hysterical!!
  • I had a migraine last night and today. I'm here at the library because I needed to get away from the noise in the trailer.
  • My kids are having a blast with the grandparents. They also seriously like the four-wheeler. My parents have a bunch of land, so the kids love riding my uncle's four-wheeler all over the place.

Well, I suppose that's about it. I'm sure I'll have more to say later. I'd have more to say now, but my time is limited and my head is not happy. Hope you all have a great week. I get to eat crawfish in 2 days - I'm definitely going to have a good week!

No comments: