Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a Quick Note . . .

So my page visit numbers have gone through the roof in the last few days so I checked StatCounter to see what was up.  It seems that I’ve gotten a number of page hits from WFMW which isn’t really surprising.

What got me, though, is that someone mentioned my blog on the Knitty Twitter feed, so I got a bunch of hits on the 24th and 25th from that.  Someone commented about the Doddy ball that I made for my nephew and how much he loved it!  So, welcome to my blog all you Knitty knitters!!  I knit a lot, but only blog about it once a month.  I am a huge Knitty fan, though.  Not only do I love using free patterns, but I’ve started to modify patterns to make things with more of my own style.  No, Knitty did NOT pay me to advertise about them with this post.  I just thought it was really cool how people got to this blog from that one little mention of a great knitting project!!

By the way, I would like to mention one VERY IMPORTANT thing that I have learned in the last year or so of knitting.  My projects turn out much better when I use the yarn that is specified in the pattern.  I used to take the patterns then go to the yarn shop and find something similar (and, usually, cheaper).  Then, I would have all kinds of trouble with gauge, etc.  Now, I’m trying to do a better job of matching the pattern and the yarn if I want the project to turn out the way it looks in the pictures.  Which means that I’m using more online yarn shops.  Which is OK with everything except the budget.  But, we’ll deal with that later.

Of course, after I said all that, I realized that my purse project called for wool yarn and a fabric lining and I actually used cotton yarn without lining.  I also did lots of picking up and knitting to avoid sewing since I like to knit, not sew.  Otherwise I’d be a seamstress.   But, I’m a knitter.  So, I knit.  Get it?  (Oh, and the purse pattern wasn’t from Knitty, but from a knitting calendar that was given to me by a dear friend a couple of years ago.

As you can tell from the rambling of this post, it’s very late, but I had to stay up to finish listening to the chapter of Persuasion on my mp3 player (because my mp3 player won’t fast forward properly).  I have also just gotten over the migraine that came with this lovely winter storm.  Lots of lovely snow=big, bad migraine.  But, if you have to be awake, listening to Jane Austen on mp3 while knitting hubby’s sweater is the way to go.  BTW, I am now working on the second sleeve of the sweater (will start the third one soon – gotcha!!) and will hopefully have it ready for him to wear and to post pictures right about the time the temperatures get into the 80s.  More later.  I need sleep.  As you can tell.  And, if you can’t, you probably need sleep – or better meds.

No comments: