Thursday, January 29, 2009

I misplaced it

I seem to have misplaced my joy. Have you seen it? If you come across it, could you send it back to me?

I’m not quite sure what happened to it. I mean, I had it at Christmas and then the first part of the month. I think it got lost in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, it’s been a rough couple of weeks, but God is still God and Jesus still loves me. Here’s some Scripture I’m using to help find my joy:

Phil 4:4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

James 1:2-5

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

What helps you find your joy in the Lord? Are there Scriptures or disciplines or songs that bring you closer to Jesus?


2 comments:

Robin said...

I've kind of lost my joy lately too. I really needed the James 1:2-5 reminder. So thanks!

Anonymous said...

For some reason, when I sing Jesus Loves Me with the kids, it always brightens my day! :) I've also been meditating on Romans 12:1-2 and trying to be transformed through the renewing of my mind and remember that God has a destiny and will for my life. I'm still searching for it.....