Thursday, January 15, 2009

Celebrate!!!

Today is Mr. Math Tutor’s 42nd birthday!! It’s a day of celebration in our house!! In fact, it’s such a great day that we’re cancelling school.

Some fun facts about Mr. Math Tutor:

  • While he has lived most of his life in the southeastern US, he did spend two years as a child in Fairbanks, Alaska where his dad worked as an engineer on the pipeline.
  • He has lovely eyelashes. When we were first married, I used to tell him that I wanted our daughter(s) to have eyelashes just like his.
  • Instead of a birthday cake this year, I am making him a pecan pie. He loves pecan pie!!
  • In the early years of our marriage, Mr. Math Tutor was always warm and I was always cold. In the last couple of years, I’m the one who’s always warm, and Mr. Math Tutor is more likely to be chilly.
  • Mr. Math Tutor will eat anything that the kids or I cook.
  • When I was working, if I got called in the middle of the night in winter to go in to the hospital, he would start my car for me so it would be nice and warm.
  • He likes to play video games. One of our family activities is for him to play a game while the kids and I watch and give recommendations, etc. Right now, he’s working on Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door.

Today is probably going to be filled with video games, reading, and other fun stuff. It’s entirely too cold to go outside (-20F the last time I checked). We were going to take him last night to Outback for dinner, but we’ve put that off till next week since we don’t want to freeze! I’m working on making him a cardigan sweater for his birthday. I’m about a third of the way through the back, so it will be a late present!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, My Dear!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dear. I love you!

Mr. Math Tutor