Friday, January 23, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

A new meme!  Yippee!  Jennifer at Conversion Diary (great blog, by the way) hosts 7 Quick Takes Friday every week on, you guessed it, Friday.

7_quick_takes_sm

  1. We are reading The Dark Frigate.  I think it is going to be good, but it is hard for Mr. Math Tutor to read aloud and even hard for the listeners to follow along.  I hope it’s worth it.
  2. I’ve been enjoying the balmy 10 and 20 degree weather this week, but it’s back to below zero again tonight.  Deep sigh.
  3. Mr. Math Tutor has another client!  His website still isn’t up and running, but when it is, expect many shameless plugs on this blog!
  4. Silver (one of the cats) loves to curl up with me at night when I have a fleece blanket over me.  When she walks in the room, I call her and remind her that I have a fuzzy blanket.  That gets her every time.  She jumps up on the blanket and cuddles up until I’m ready for bed and kick her off.
  5. My kitchen desperately needs to be mopped.  We use a Swiffer WetJet for quick clean-up of spills, but the floor is seriously overdue for a good mopping.
  6. I was supposed to make a pecan pie for my hubby’s birthday last week, but we didn’t have enough eggs that night, so I did chocolate chip cookies (it was about 10 below that night, and Mr. Math Tutor would rather go without his pie than go out in that kind of cold).  I think I’ll try to do the pie tonight.
  7. Mr. Math Tutor and I went to the church’s staff and elder party last night and had a great time.  I am again reminded how fortunate we are to have such excellent folks involved in sharing the love of Jesus in this area.

Go to Conversion Diary to see other 7 Quick Takes Friday posts – and then hang around and read some of Jennifer’s other posts.

1 comment:

pwm said...

The pecan pie was indeed made last night and is WONDERFUL!!

Mr. Math Tutor