Monday, April 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday – April 27, 2009

mpm8-1

So, I’ve had this migraine now for more than three days.  I think I might just lose my mind.  One thing, though, that has been really good is that I cooked almost all of last week’s meals on Tuesday so that we have not resorted to frozen pizza, even when my headache was the worst. 

My plan this week is to shop tomorrow (pending some headache improvement, although Mr. Math Tutor might have a few extra minutes to shop for me) and to cook on Wednesday of this week.  Ideally, I’d like to shop on Monday or Tuesday and cook on Wednesday or Thursday.  Doing a week’s worth of cooking on one day isn’t really all that hard, and it’s so nice to have all the food in the fridge and ready to heat up!  And the kitchen stays a lot more clean.  So, here’s the menus:

1. 40 Cloves and a Chicken with French bread – I found a gluten-free French bread mix, but I figure I should make it when we’re having something really yummy to go on top since most reviews I’ve read say that gluten-free bread tends to have little flavor.

2. Chicken gumbo with salad – whole chickens are on sale

3. Beef and broccoli stir-fry – yes, I found some gluten-free soy sauce.

4. Baked chicken thighs with corn and salad.

5. Leftover chicken gumbo

6. Clean out the fridge night.

That should get us through the week.  Check out Menu Plan Monday to see what others are planning for their week!

No comments: