Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a Nostril-Freezer Out There!

It's afternoon here, and the temperature still hasn't gone about zero (Farenheit - for any of you reading from more civilized parts of the world where Celsius is used). A friend of mine calls these days "Nostril-Freezers". Why? Obviously, because if you aren't bundled up enough, the mucus membrane inside your nose starts to freeze. When I lived down South, I used to think such things didn't happen in the Lower 48. Alas, they do. Right outside my door.

So, we'll be doing some serious bundling up before we go to KMart to return the half-sheet pan that was dented right under the label so I couldn't tell it was dented last night when I bought it. No, I'm not bitter about it. I'm thrilled to have to go out and freeze my nostrils to return a baking sheet that should have been in good condition when I bought it. They had sure better have another one in stock. Those of you even overseas may hear my screams if I find out that venturing out into the wicked, nostril-freezing cold was in vain. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Hope your day is warmer!



P.S. There is a warm front coming through that will give us a couple of inches of snow tonight. If I get through without a migraine, I can ski in the backyard a little bit!

No comments: