Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

We got a dishwasher!!!! An appliance, not an employee, btw. Dishes has become my nemesis in the whole stay-at-home mom thing. If I feel bad for a few days and don't keep up with the dishes, everything else falls apart very quickly. The kids keep up with some of the dishes, but a lot of it is just my mess. So, we had a carpenter come in and take out the built in desk in the kitchen and replace it with a countertop. Then, Friday, the plumber came in and installed the dishwasher. It is somewhat smaller than the one we had in our old house, but our whole house is smaller, so it's OK.

2 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I wish I knew how to write this in green. I'm so jealous! I hate washing dishes and doing it by hand since we moved is killing me. Hubby says soon, so hopefully I'll get one this month.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I actually got a nap!