Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cooking Class - May 14

So we cooked yesterday. I have to say that we really enjoyed ourselves. The Salsa was good, although it should be better today after it's sat in the fridge for a day. I don't eat salsa, so Mr. Math Teacher gave the verdict. Ga'Hoole Girl also liked it, but she is very anti-jalepeno peppers so she fussed while she was cutting them up. Wild Man and I made the soup. Overall, it wasn't bad. I didn't like the fact that it was so sweet. Part of that was because I used White Zinfandel when a Chardonnay might have been better. Also, the recipe calls for 10 ounces of apple cider. I think next time we'll try making some beef stock in the crock pot (from another Good Eats episode) and using a different recipe for the soup. But, it was a nice dinner.

No comments: