Monday, November 11, 2013

The Car!! November 11, 2013

Today is Veteran’s Day, in which we remember those who served our country in the armed forces. This includes my brother, who served in the US Marine Corps. Today is also my brother’s birthday! So, Happy Birthday and Thank You for your service!!

Not only that, but PWM got back from my brother’s house in Georgia today with a car! Actually, an SUV. My brother and his wife offered us their old Trooper if we could come and get it, and we found a cheap plane ticket for PWM, so he went and got it. We’ve been down to one car for several months and are thrilled to have another car since Wild Man has his temps (aka learner’s permit) and will get his driver’s license in May (EEK!).

How cool is that?! We needed a car, but can’t afford one right now, so my brother and his wife just gave us their old one. That’s incredibly generous. So, whenever I think about how my brother put poppers under the toilet seat that one time or was obnoxious about my driving, or locked me out of the house, I can think that somehow he actually turned out to be a decent and giving human being. (I’m not quite sure I’ve forgiven him about the popper incident, though.)

And we have two working vehicles!! Yay!!

No comments: