Sunday, November 03, 2013

Sunday, November 3, 2013

It’s just amazing how much of a rocking-chair potato I can be sometimes. I’m still going to blame today on the bad string of headaches, though. Tomorrow, I get Botox. Yay!! Can you believe someone as needle-phobic as I am is actually looking forward to getting stuck thirty-plus times in the scalp?! Clearly the Botox is working, or I wouldn’t put myself through this trauma every three months. At least I don’t get dizzy and threaten to faint anymore!!

If I was the uber-organized and motivated person that I delude myself into thinking I am, I would be planning schoolwork and meals for next week. Since I am the aforementioned rocking-chair potato that I blame on the headaches (see, they’re good for something), I’ve spent most of today knitting while watching football and reading.

I’m working on a Wonderful Wallaby sweater for myself out of Cascade Sierra. I’m totally in love with this yarn. We have a Wednesday morning class making this sweater in a baby size, but I’m doing an adult size and I rarely wake up in time to hang out with the Wednesday morning ladies.

We have two sock classes going and I’ve already made the socks that go with the class, so I just sit in on the Friday evening class and help when I can. Again, it’s a rare day that I can be functional at 8am on Friday to help with the morning class.

My last project is a sweater with some new Cascade acrylic yarn, but it’s a yarn that feels more cotton-like than wool-like. And I love the color. We’ll see what I think of it when I’m doing with the sweater, but I like how it swatched.

I have a couple of repair projects waiting for me. One is for a customer, so I’d better get going on that one tomorrow. One is a lovely scarf I made for Rosie Girl that Sophie (aka the Evil Cat – at least when I find her playing with hand-knit wool items!) chewed on for several months, apparently. Another is a pair of wonderfully warm socks that Wild Man has almost worn through the heels of. I’m not sure if I’m going to duplicate stitch or patch Wild Man’s socks or if I’m going to have to break down and learn the “official” weaving technique of darning socks. In any case, the boy needs warm sock to wear around the house, so I’d better get these done.

One of the more frustrating things about the chronic headaches in general, but especially this last couple of weeks of more severe headaches, is the fatigue that comes with them. I’m always tired. I sleep a lot, but it’s not very restful sleep. I walk and/or stretch every day to make myself be somewhat active, but it’s quite a chore to do those things. When I’m in the middle of the Botox and the headaches are more calm, I have days where I have more energy and actually get things done with less effort. That’s what I’m hoping and praying for when this next Botox takes effect. I’m really looking forward to getting back into life!!

No comments: