Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday - November 13, 2008

TTButton Mr. Math Tutor's mom, Grandma, visited us for a week last week reminding me of how thankful I am for my mother-in-law.  I know some people complain about their in-laws, but I am blessed to have a great extended family.  For one thing, my husband is the man he is partly because of his parents.  His dad died about five years ago.  Since then, his mom has traveled a lot.  She usually visits us once or twice each year.

During this last visit, she helped make Halloween costumes for the kids as well as making the pillows for the living room.  She has been very supportive of our educational endeavors.  When she is here, she teaches the kids about sewing and quilting.  Last year, she took the kids for a visit to Door County to see the lighthouses.  Not only did they have fun, but they all learned a lot.

Mostly, I am thankful for my mother-in-law because she is an encouragement to me.  I love having her visit, and I'm thrilled that she loves to spend time with her grandkids.

Check out Thankful Thursday to see what other people are thankful for.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your dear mother in-law.

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed indeed! I am too, very thankful for a wonderful MIL (matter of fact, all of my in-laws)! They've been such a blessing in my life! :)

Anonymous said...

I am also thankful for my mother-in-law. She loves me from day 1.