Wednesday, April 03, 2013

What I’m Into–April 2013

 

Reading

Shadow of the Titanic – I recently finished The Dressmaker, which is about some of the survivors of the Titanic. Now I’m fascinated by the story of the Titanic and have been reading about it online as well as picking up this book at the library.

Bonhoeffer – This is a huge book that I read a bit and then get side-tracked and come back to a few months later, etc. I’ve actually been reading it a bit more regularly over the last few weeks.

The Painted Girls – on my ipod and I just started listening to it.

I’ll be posting book reviews soon.

Music

Since we don’t have Rhapsody, I listen to music that we own or to Pandora. But, I bought the Les Miserables movie soundtrack and have been listening to that over the last week. I just LOVE that music.

Movies and TV

We’ve watched several movies lately – Despicable Me, Wreck-It Ralph, Les Miserables, and The Life of Pi. Some friends are coming over to watch Les Mis with us again. (Am I a bit obsessed, or what?!)

Rosie Girl is really into Dr. Who. I’m the only one in the family who doesn’t really enjoy it, but I’m trying to watch the current season with them. The season opener was quite good. And I like the current Doctor.

I watched tonight’s episode of Spies of Warsaw and I think I might really enjoy this series. And for more than just having David Tennant in it. It took a good 30-45 minutes for me to figure out the characters (especially since so many of the French have British accents – what?) but now it’s really interesting.

Knitting

I’m working on my Fellowship socks (a pattern based on Fellowship of the Ring from Lord of the Rings) most of the time.

I started a cotton sweater last spring and I’m still less than halfway up the back.

One of the things I need to start soon is a messenger bag for Rosie Girl for when she goes to college. I have found a couple of possible patterns. She wants it done in wool and felted.

What are you up to these days??

No comments: