Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Planning–And the Lack Thereof

Yesterday was confirmation of my need to plan ahead. Or maybe it was a demonstration of the importance of being flexible.

I woke up with a bad headache yesterday but still went to the neurologist office and got my Botox treatment. Unfortunately, Botox is more painful when my head already hurts! Ack!

I came home and went back to bed for a couple of hours while Wild Man went to band and Rosie Girl and PWM went car shopping.

Since I still felt rotten and not like organizing Wild Man’s schoolwork after my nap, he and I watched a NOVA program on the elements. Actually, this was probably one of the best science activities we’ve done. It required no effort on my part, and Wild Man enjoyed it and learned a good bit. It didn’t hurt that there were lots of explosions.

I did manage to make some dinner and straighten the living room because some friends came over last night to watch Les Miserables with us. And, yes, on the third watching, it is still one of my favorite movies.

And I woke up today with the headache still going strong. Wild Man gets to do lots of math with PWM and read To Kill a Mockingbird. Maybe I’ll sort out the rest of his work later today. Or maybe not.

No comments: