Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday–April 19, 2013

 

7_quick_takes_sm

1. First up today, we sold one house and bought another today!! The closing on the house we were selling was at 9am and the closing for the one we were buying was at 10am. There was a little last minute flurry of paperwork because some of the paperwork we signed yesterday had The Knitting Nest instead of our personal names on it, but it all got straightened out and we now own the house in which we live, along with the garage and cottage!!

2. We went out to eat at a local bar and grill and got to watch the news of the capture of the second suspect of the Boston Marathon bombing. Way to go, law enforcement. So sad that it ever happened at all.

3. Before we moved up to Wisconsin, probably 19 or 20 years ago, there was a train derailment here in Weyauwega that required the evacuation of the entire town because of the hazardous material on the train cars. Because of the similarity to the situation in West, TX and that town being evacuated, there was a TV reporter here in town yesterday looking for people who had lived here in town during that time and had to evacuate. He asked PWM if he lived here that long ago, but we still lived in KY at the time. No brush with fame this time . . .

4. Now that we own our house, we get to have the electrical system almost completely redone! The kitchen electrical is relatively modern, but everything else is positively ancient. An electrician came in yesterday and took a look, so we should be getting a quote soon.

5. I finished watching all 100 episodes of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries!! Yes, this was an excellent use of my time. And when I figure out how, I’ll let you know.

6. I’m not doing so well on the audiobook front. I just downloaded Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince because I can’t find any new books that look interesting. I’ve had two that I stopped halfway through. Any ideas?

7. I’m having a craving for chocolate and salted caramel. I think I may make some brownies with a salted caramel topping or stripe. That requires cleaning the kitchen first, though, so it will have to wait till tomorrow.

What’s up with you? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday  (hosted at Camp Patton again) to see what others are up to!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I live outside the affected area in Boston, much discussion whether the 'shelter in' request, was worth it.

I think it was.