Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Psalms

I’ve had a rough week and a half.  My headaches have been worse than usual and I’ve also been very depressed.  I normally take an anti-depressant since having chronic pain really messes with my head.  For some reason, my mood went quickly downhill last week, and I was crying frequently and having a hard time getting anything done.  To try to improve my mood, I’ve increased my medications (after talking with my doctor) and been exercising more. 

I also started reading through the book of Psalms.  It is so encouraging to read that other have been down in the dumps and crying out to God.  For example, in Psalm 3, the author starts out by telling God his troubles and finishes with his confidence that God will deliver him.  Psalm 8 is a song of praise written by David.  Throughout the Psalms, I can see so many emotions and am reminded that I’m not the first one to have had mood swings or be depressed.  And I’m reminded that God is still there and listening to my crying out.

The next time you feel down or depressed, check out the Psalms for some encouragement.

No comments: