Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our Week In Review – 1/15/2011

And another school week is behind us.  The rest of the country may be snowed in, but, while it’s white outside here in the Great White North, we are pretty used to it, so life goes on!  Here’s the scoop:

Rosie Girl

The big excitement in Rosie Girl’s life this week was getting her temps (temporary driver’s license)!  She doesn’t start class for a few weeks, but she did go driving last week in the high school parking lot with PWM.

The Write At Home research paper workshop started this week.  Rosie Girl is predisposed to dislike it because it’s not creative writing, but I’ve been impressed with their courses and I’m sure she’ll survive.

I mentioned last week that we finally bailed on Singapore Chemistry.  Rosie Girl seems to be pretty content with the online textbook.

Wild Man

Wild Man is learning about Mongolia and Genghis Khan.  I think we’re supposed to start Russia next week, but we’re still a bit behind.

We’d be moving forward in spelling if I could find the spelling folder that includes important things like word banks and the silent “e” booklet!  I know exactly what the folder looks like, but I can’t find it!

Wild Man told me that he had a better than usual time at the Nutrition Site because he got to do something beside pack up bread.  In any case, I’m glad that he’s learning to work.

I had a bad migraine on Thursday, but I’m very glad that Wild Man is reading well enough that he can do a lot of his own work without me.

Not a terribly exciting week, but that’s how it goes sometimes.  Check out Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what others have been doing this week.

No comments: