1. Both of my kids drink coffee. As does PWM. I only drink coffee when I have a migraine and, even then, it has to be “doctored up” with chocolate, sugar, and cream. When I was a kid, I would have never thought of drinking coffee – of course, my mom always had hers black. My kids have both taken to coffee in the last year or so. PWM has some Cajun background and used to get coffee-milk at his grandmother’s house, but didn’t have it regularly at home. My college roommate drank coffee-milk while growing up and transitioned to coffee in college. Anyway, both my kids have taken to coffee recently. I actually like Wild Man to have some before we do spelling or grammar because it helps him concentrate. He and Rosie Girl both enjoy getting some coffee (with or without chocolate) after they’ve been playing outside.
2. We’re having friends over tonight for dessert and games, and since one of them is allergic to cats, the main parts of our house are being de-cat-danderified as I speak. We don’t have carpet in the living room or dining room, so it’s mostly the sofa that needs work. I went ahead and put the cats downstairs a few hours ago and they’re already pretty ticked off at me. They like having the run of the house!
3. My yarn came yesterday!! Here are pictures and links of the two kits I got:
I’m making the hat and gloves for a cousin. I’m making the sweater for myself, but I’m making the cardigan version. I’m really, really excited!!
4. I’ve been using Scrapblog for digital scrapbooking, but I’ve decided that it’s time to get a program that I can use without having to be online. Scrapblog has worked quite well for me, but I did lose a few pages once and it reminded me that I don’t have as much control as I’d like over the program. I’ve tried Publisher in the past and found the learning curve far too steep! I’ve been researching programs and have decided on My Memories. I think I’ll have a nice weekend playing around with pictures and scrapbooking.
5. Wild Man is pretending that our dining room is a restaurant and he’s serving Grandma, who just got back from Florida today. Very cute!
6. I’m listening to A Tree Grows In Brooklyn on audiobook. This was one of my very favorite books when I was in high school. Our copy was originally my paternal grandmother’s and has a plate in the front from “The Modern Reader’s Book Club of 1945”. This grandmother died while before I was born. The only things that I have from her are this book, some baby blankets, and some hand sewn baby vests.
7. I can hear the cats scratching at the basement door. They are very ticked off at being stuck downstairs while all the people are upstairs!
Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others have been up to!