Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lagniappe – 1/12/2011

  1. I’m watching Top Chef right now.  I enjoy watching reality shows for the competition, but am not always thrilled with all the interpersonal drama.  I like to watch the chefs on the cooking contest shows see how they can meet the challenge.  However, Top Chef has a lot more inappropriate language than some of the other shows I like. 
  2. I’ve taken to painting my nails regularly.  I’m not sure why, but I’m pretty sure my counselor will like it because I’m forced to just sit still for about 30 minutes while they dry.
  3. On the Christmas stockings that I made for me and PWM, I got to learn some easy Fair Isle knitting.  Sooooooo, I ordered a kit for making a hat and mittens (for my cousin’s daughter – I’m almost finished making a pair of gloves for her brother).  I also got a kit for making a Fair Isle sweater – I’m choosing to make the cardigan version.  It looks really intense, but I’m excited!
  4. My other current knitting project is some socks for Rosie Girl.  Unfortunately, they’re being made with size zero needles, so I can only do a few rows of the charting without serious eye strain!
  5. Now that I’ve got all these knitting projects in the works, I’ve also come across several books that I really want to read.  Too many books, too little time!
  6. I made some dressing (stuffing that doesn’t get put in the bird) for Christmas that was basically a savory bread pudding.  Today, I boiled down a chicken and pulled a loaf of bread out of the freezer, so I decided to make a chicken casserole/bread pudding for dinner.  And it was very good, even if it could have used some more spices.
  7. Wild Man read some of his history book about Genghis Khan to me today.  I know that he’s been reading for a good year or so, but it still makes me really excited to see how much progress he’s made.
  8. Almost all the Christmas decorations are put away.  The lights will stay up until Spring, but we have some other specifically Christmas items that need to be put back into the basement.

So, what’s up with you?  Anything exciting?

No comments: