Friday, January 07, 2011

Knitting Update – 1/7/2011

Now that Christmas is over and everyone has opened their gifts, I can show what I’ve been working on for the last few months.

 

1. For my mom, I did a Mobius shawl with a fringe out of a really nice wool/silk fingering weight yarn.

016019

2. For my sister-in-law, I made the same shawl, but in a different color and with beads on the edge instead of a fringe.

021

3. For my dad and brother, I made some basic gloves in DK wool using a pattern from the American Red Cross Production Corps, a section of the Red Cross that, during World War II, provided yarn and patterns for folks at home to make gloves, socks, hats, and vests for servicemen.

025

4. For my 3 year old nephew, I made a set of hand puppets using a kit from KnitPicks.  The kit actually made 6 puppets, but I only did 4.

028032

5. For my 8 year old nephew, I made a set of 4 juggling balls.  I just made a cube out of three different colors and filled them with plastic pellets.  In addition, Rosie Girl let me videotape her giving instructions for how to juggle and we made a DVD to send with the juggling balls.

035

6. It wasn’t a Christmas present, but I made stockings for me and PWM since our other ones are rather cheap ones and don’t have any sentimental value.  This was my first time doing colorwork, and I LOVED it!

074076

7.  Again, not Christmas gifts, but these are some pictures of hats made for a friend who lost her hair from chemo.  (Rosie Girl is the model for the pink cloche.)

013036022

8. With my extra DK weight yarn, I made myself a pair of socks – using a “pattern” I made up on the fly.  I’m pretty proud of myself!

 

001

I also made a pair of socks for PWM, but didn’t take a picture of them.  Sorry.

What crafty things have you been up to?  Leave me a comment and link!

        

 

 

No comments: