1. PWM turned 44 last week!! For his birthday, his mom is taking our entire family to Universal Studios and the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando!! We got all the reservations made this week – we’ll be going in March. We’re all very excited!
2. Since we’re going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, we’re now reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows together at night.
3. PWM and I both have colds. It’s bad enough to be sick, but when we’re both sick, there’s no one around to “baby” us! Yeah, we’re pretty pathetic.
4. Because PWM and I have colds and it’s hard for us to read aloud, Wild Man read about half a chapter tonight. Yes!! My dyslexic child is reading!! Out loud!! To the family!! (And I may have a little addiction to exclamation points.)
5. We’ve been tossing around possible names for our yarn shop. The kids have voted down (loudly) both “The Loopy Bin” and “The Knit Wit House”. I wonder why?
6. I have lunch every week with a friend and we’ve decided to read through a book together. We’ve chosen Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. I’m really looking forward to some good discussion time each week.
7. I’m just about done with the Fair Isle mittens I’m working on. I’m very pleased with the outcome, but I think I’ll invest in a cable needle if I do mittens again because I’m having trouble keeping the tension right between the three double points.
That’s what’s up around here. Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others have to say this week.