It’s the last day of 2010, so I decided to make this post seven memorable events of the last year.
1. Our year got off to a rough start with Rosie Girl recovering from a tonsillectomy. The surgery went well, but a week after the surgery, Rosie Girl developed bleeding from the tonsillar fossae. So, we got to go back to the hospital so they could cauterize the bleeding spot. After that procedure, all went well and she is now happily tonsil-free!
2. I re-covered the cushions to one of our rocking chairs. Why is this memorable? Because it involved sewing. ‘Nuff said.
3. Rosie Girl went on a school choir trip to Washington D.C. (without me or PWM). She had a blast and enjoyed being with her friends.
4. Wild Man and I visited my parents in Florida in May. It was great to just hang out with them for several days.
5. Wild Man and Grandma took a long road trip – from Florida to California to Wisconsin. They had a great time and have really gotten closer to each other.
6. My family (parents, brother and his family) came up here for a week for a mini-family reunion. We rented a cabin on a local lake for the week so we could all be together.
7. Grandma (PWM’s mom) started renting the house next door to us. She still has her house in Florida, so she will divide her time. She left to go back down South right before Thanksgiving and we expect her back in a couple of weeks. We have really had a great time with having her so close.
Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others have been up to!