Sunday, December 26, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

I thought it might be fun to share some things that are making me happy these days.  You are encouraged to leave comments with what makes you happy!

1. Watching Wild Man play with his Lego Hogwart set, especially now that he’s starting to integrate his other characters into the Harry Potter world.

2. Listening to Rosie Girl play piano or ocarina.

3. My snuggie.  Yes, I was a “snuggie snob” until Rosie Girl gave me one for Christmas last year.  I have to be honest and say that it’s just wonderful, if a bit staticky.

4. Harry Potter books – I just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire again.

5. Audiobooks on my mp3 so I can listen while I cook, clean, or knit.

6. Yarn – I think I knit just so I can enjoy the feel of the  yarn.

7. My neck heating pad.  PWM doesn’t like the smell of the herbs, but I just like that it warms me up and loosens up those muscles.

8. Books – Books as a general concept make me happy.  Specifically, I’m reading/listening to several novels as well as some non-fiction books.  But, no self-help (even of the “Christian” variety).

9. My Bible – The Bible as a concept makes me happy – God’s Word for us to read is an amazing thing.  But, I’m also happy with the Thompson Chain Reference NIV Bible that I got from my parents in high school.  I’ve learned, though, not to try to read the Bible for answers to life’s problems, but rather to read it to become immersed in God’s story.

10. For a round even ten, I’d have to say that chocolate makes me happy.  Whether it’s in ice cream. cookies, or candy, I like it.  Of course, I can’t eat it all the time and I need to include a decent amount of veggies and protein.  But, a little bit of chocolate goes a long way!

Your turn: what makes you happy today??

No comments: