Sunday, December 05, 2010

Lagniappe 12/5/2010

1. The Christmas tree and most of the decorations are up!!  We bought some more lights last night and Rosie Girl and PWM are going to put them up in the living room and dining room.

2. Rosie Girl had her piano recital yesterday and played a Bach Invention.  She did wonderfully!!  We went out to dinner and to buy her a Christmas outfit afterwards.

3. Wild Man played in the church’s Youth Band for the Children’s service today.  I’d post a picture, but I couldn’t get one because the drummer sits behind everyone else!

4. Rosie Girl and PWM are very excited about learning and playing Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s “Christmas Eve Sarajevo” for our church’s Christmas Eve service.  I just love to listen to them practice!

5. With the cold weather has come migraines, but, on a happy note, also the chance to wear my Uggs!

6. I painted my fingernails blue with sparkles today.  Last week, they were burgundy and Wild Man expressed displeasure.  He prefers the blue sparkles.  Besides, I’m wearing an outfit with blue on Tuesday night, so it will match.

7. I suppose I should question the appropriateness of a 43 year old woman with blue sparkly fingernails.  But I won’t.

8. While we were decorating the tree, we ran out of ornament hangers, so I used our last few paper clips to make hangers.  The next day, Rosie Girl found a whole bag of hangers in the tin with extra bulbs.  Sigh.  So we need to buy some more paper clips.

9. I’m almost finished with my Christmas knitting for gifts.  When that’s done, it’s time for blocking and then packing.

10. I’m watching a Harry Potter marathon today.  Just thought you might be interested.

11. I grew up in the South where dry skin wasn’t an issue for me.  It was so humid that I was more concerned about oily skin.  Now that I’m living in the Great White North, I have dry skin, like everyone else!  During Thanksgiving week, I got a crack in the skin of my right index finger so I ended up wearing Nitrile gloves in the kitchen and white cotton gloves the rest of the time so I could keep lots of lotion on my hands.  They’re back to normal, but I have to moisturize my hands every couple of hours.

12. PWM, Rosie Girl and I are going for a tour of a local college on Friday.  Rosie Girl will get to sit in on a couple of classes as well as have a practice lesson.  I’m so  not ready for this.

13. I sent in the registration for Rosie Girl to take Driver’s Education (required in our state).  I’m soooooo not ready for this!!

14. I don’t have anything else, but I’d prefer not to end with number 13.  Not that I’m superstitious.  ‘Cause I’m not.  Really.

That’s all.  I’m sure I’ll have some great inspiration later – whether or not I blog them is questionable.

No comments: