It’s late afternoon on Christmas Day. We’re all sitting around enjoying our gifts and getting some much needed rest. For your enjoyment, I present the highlights of Christmas 2010.
- Last night, PWM and Rosie Girl played with the worship team for the Christmas Eve service and did a great job!
- The Christmas Eve service included various sections of scripture read by one of the staff members while it was acted out by a small group of people. Between these dramatic pieces were interspersed songs and Christmas carols. Then our pastor preached on Simeon. It was beautiful.
- I finished the new Christmas stockings for me and PWM!
- Wild Man has spent pretty much all day setting up his new Lego Hogwarts set.
- Rosie Girl was quite happy with her tickets to see Wicked in February!
- PWM got all creative this year – he made a wooden spoon for me, an Elder Wand (from Harry Potter) for Wild Man, and crocheted juggling balls for Rosie Girl.
- Wild Man also got a Mind Flex game – the other played it this afternoon while I was taking a nap.
- I gave the rest of the family a Mythbusters game that we’re going to break out after dinner.
- With all the Harry Potter stuff, we’ve all taken to speaking with British accents!
- Rosie Girl got a set of Full-Metal Alchemist DVDs and a pocket watch (from one of the FMA characters).
- Wild Man gave each of the three of us a painted wooden box with a set of coupons – mine are for “reading out loud”, “dishwasher”, “rub” (i.e. my feet or my back or my neck), and “breakfast in bed”. I think I’m going to enjoy the next few months.
- For good measure, here’s a picture of the four of us – all dressed up at the same time!
Hope that Christmas has been wonderful for you and your family!!