Saturday, December 18, 2010

“Breathing” Jesus

I’m reading A Place of Healing by Joni Eareckson Tada (loaned to me by a dear friend – thanks, Cheryl!) and am getting a lot from it.  I’m actually reading it rather slowly because each section has given me something to think and pray about. 

Tonight, I was reading about “breathing in the love of Jesus and exhaling gratitude and graciousness”.  What a wonderful word picture!  As Christians, we have Jesus’ love surrounding us to “breathe” and the natural consequence of that is to “exhale” His love onto other people.

So often, I think about (and hear or read about) our “Christian life” or “Christian walk” – as if we have a “Christian” part to our life and a “secular” part to our life.  The reality is quite different.  As a follower of Jesus, my entire life is about Him.  I don’t have a “Christian life” – I have “life”.  There’s no way to separate out the sacred and the secular.

As I live my life, I want to think of that picture of inhaling Jesus, not having anything to separate us.  Glorifying God then comes naturally.

 

No comments: