I got home yesterday from a week-long trip to my parent’s house. I’m really tired, but when I think about all the things I did, I’m really not surprised. Here’s a partial list.
- Airboat ride in the Everglades. Seriously fun and highly educational.
- Swam in my parents swimming pool with Wild Man at least three times. Which, by the way, is downright exhausting. However, it must be noted that I did beat him in a breaststroke race from one end of the pool to the other. He won the next race, though, because he actually has some stamina.
- Connected my dad’s new printer/scanner/copier/fax/
coffeemakerto my computer so I could scan photos.
- Scanned 938 photos from my mom’s photo albums into my computer.
- Got Mom’s help in identifying many of the people in the photos. There’s still work to be done there.
- Put together two binders of photos that I brought home to compare to my photos to see what it already in my computer and what is duplicate so I don’t scan things twice.
- Ate conch fritters at a waterside restaurant (whose name escapes me) in Palm Beach Gardens. I do love conch fritters!
- Ate beef stroganoff that my mom made – and she chopped the onions and mushrooms really finely so that I would eat them instead of pick around them. I did almost lose a finger, though, from picking at the meat as she was cooking it.
- Slept in my brother’s old room. My old room is my dad’s office and has a twin bed, so Wild Man slept in there.
- Went through my mom’s jewelry with her to decide which pieces I want to have eventually. She went ahead and gave me a couple of pieces that belonged to my aunt who died 10 years ago. Two of the pieces were handmade by my grandmother – priceless!!
- Ate far more chocolate Dunkin Donuts than any one person should in the course of a week. It’s a good thing that the nearest Dunkin Donuts to us is Chicago (I think).
- Was grateful on a regular basis that I live in a small town with minimal traffic.
- Did not open my mouth and embarrass my parents in their Sunday School class. (Aren’t you proud of me, Dad?)
- Totally enjoyed the worship service at their church and was highly impressed at the 10 points that the pastor got from the verse “You shall not murder”. Not only that, all 10 points were practical and ways that we can truly live our faith, and stay out of prison.
- Was hot for an entire week.
- Got patted down by airport security on the way home. Yes, they brought in a female security agent and she was quite professional.
So, I’m tired. I worked at the Nutrition Center this morning, but I’ve been knitting and reading the rest of the day. Real life starts tomorrow.