I read a great post at The Virtual Abbess which was her entry in Donald Miller’s What If? challenge. And it’s inspired me to do my own What If? list. The challenge is to come up with five What If? questions – not the kind that I have no control over, but the kind that I can actually make happen. Then, I decide on making one of them happen this week. Ideally, this is an activity to do in a small group. I’m not in a small group right now, but I’m going to talk to a good friend about it and share my progress with her.
So, here goes:
- What if I concentrate on smiling even when I have a headache?
- What if I play a game with Wild Man when he asks?
- What if I read all of Rosie Girl’s fan fiction?
- What if I say yes to Mr. Math Tutor – when he wants to take a walk, watch a movie, or just talk.
- What if I make prayer more than just something I do at night – use my prayer books for fixed-hour prayer, carry on more spontaneous conversations with God, etc.
I’ll let you know what happens. I’ve had a pretty rotten headache today, so I’ve already been working on the first What If? Will it make a difference? Will I feel different or act different? We’ll see!