Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Making Plans

Summer is almost upon us, so it’s time to make all of our vacation plans, right?  We already have our week at Family Camp scheduled, Wild Man’s week at Boy’s Camp scheduled, and a week for my family (parents and brother and his family) to come up here for a visit scheduled.  It would seem that everything is all taken care of.  Not so.

I decided that I wanted to take a short visit to see my parents in May and that I would take Wild Man with me.  I’m in the process of making the airline reservations for that trip.

Grandma (Mr. Math Tutor’s mom) is up here visiting right now and is planning a trip from her home in Tampa across the US through Baton Rouge, Houston, San Antonio, and then up to Monterey, California where Mr. Math Tutor’s sister lives.  She will be leaving the first part of June and asked about Wild Man joining her for part or all of her trip.  Wild Man is thrilled with the idea.  Mr. Math Tutor and I think it’s wonderful, except for the part where we won’t see our son for two months – EEK!

Sooooooooo, Wild Man and I will fly down to South Florida to visit my parents.  (We will be stopping his “regular” schoolwork early and taking him out of public school early this year.)  After a week, I will come back up here.  My parents will get Wild Man to Grandma’s house in Tampa before the first of June.  Wild Man and Grandma will then “hit the road” for two months.  They will definitely be back to Wisconsin by August 12 because Grandma wants to see the Tall Ships in Green Bay on that date.

Sound crazy?  Indeed, it is.  Wild Man is willing to give up Family Camp and Boy’s Camp for this trip.  Rosie Girl isn’t interested in the trip because she’s got plans this summer to write stories with her friends and to work more on her music.  She’s also excited because we told her that she can bring a friend to Family Camp.

Over the next week, Grandma and Wild Man are planning their route, learning to use the GPS, checking websites, and just generally getting excited about the whole thing.  I’ve got to make sure Wild Man has clothes and other things he needs.  Thankfully, Grandma uses Facebook so that they can post pictures and messages while they’re on the road.

It’s gonna be a great summer for everyone!!

P.S.  And Mr. Math Tutor and I are going to paint my dining room and kitchen!!

No comments: