Friday, January 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

7_quick_takes_sm

1. Our family watched Night at the Museum 2 tonight and really enjoyed it!  Rosie Girl really wanted to see it since she’ll be going to Washington D.C. with the choir later this spring and will get to see several of the Smithsonian museums.  I’m, of course, totally jealous!!

2. I’ve started using progesterone in oil for about 10-14 days out of the month to try to help my migraines.  The oil preparation is really hard to use because it’s hard to get it to completely soak in to my skin.  This is one of those treatments that I’m doing because there’s no harm in it, but I’ve never seen any research to support doing it.  Everything I’ve read about it references one doctor’s work, and that doesn’t include any good, double-blind studies.  I doubt I’ll be getting any placebo effect from this one!!

3. Yesterday was the one day that I was out of the house for several hours and had to run several errands, but it was also the day that the temperature stayed below 10 degrees!  I try not to complain too much about winter weather, but this recent cold snap has been brutal.

4. My whole family (i.e. parents and brother with his wife and kids) are all coming to visit in August.  I found a house for us to stay in (since ours is entirely too small for 10 people) and sent in the deposit today.  We’re all looking forward to a week together.

5. My husband told me Wednesday night that I bring high maintenance to an art form!!  (The reference is from “When Harry Met Sally”.)

6. On Wednesday night, several churches in our town got together and had a prayer service for those affected by the earthquake in Haiti.  It was so inspiring and exciting to see Christians from different churches willing to pray together.  And, it was kind of fun.  One pastor had us get in groups and there was lots of praying out loud at the same time during his section of the service.  Another pastor was more liturgical and did a call and response prayer.  Most importantly, we prayed and we gave money.

7. Our church’s music director, who is a good friend of mine, borrowed some of my fingerless gloves/wristwarmers the other day and really liked having them to use early on Sunday mornings when it is still cold in church and the worship team is practicing.  So, I ordered some delicious alpaca/silk/wool yarn in a nice champagne color and am making her a pair for herself so her hands will be toasty warm.  And it’s nice for me to have a project on size 7 needles instead of 0 and 1 like the other two projects I’m working on!!

Check out what others have to say at 7 Quick Takes Friday!!

 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How thoughtful of you, making the gift for your friend. The prayer service sounds like a great success!