Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Knitting Money-Saver

Guess what??  I saved money on something knitting related!!  Can’t believe that, can you?  So, here’s what happened:

In the KnitPicks catalog, I saw their nifty magnetic pattern/chart holder.  It is only about $10 so I was planning to order one.  Then, I decided to try to figure out if I could do it less expensively.  I checked out Staples online to see if they had magnetic whiteboards, which they do, but they are quite expensive.  Office Depot has magnetic clipboards, but they are also $10.

I usually keep my pattern on a clipboard on a music stand.  So, I decided to put a piece of magnet paper, wrong side out, underneath my pattern.  Then, I cut some strips from another piece of magnet paper and use them to mark my place in the chart.  As I go from row to row, I just move the strip of magnet paper down the chart.

IMG_1131

IMG_1128

That’s it!!  A quick and easy way to keep from losing your place while knitting from a chart without buying the fancy chart holder.  Of course, I’m still drooling over all the lovely yarn . . . but that’s another story.

No comments: