Friday, January 01, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday – 1/1/2010

7_quick_takes_sm

Wow – It’s 2010!  It’s kind of hard to believe that it’s already a new year!!  And this is the first meme of 2010.  So, here goes . . .

1. I took lots of pictures before Christmas, but none of December 24-26.  It’s not really a big deal, but it seems a little strange – lots of pictures before the holiday, but none on the holiday itself.

2. I got myself a new purse that came in the mail yesterday.  It doesn’t seem like much of a big deal, but it really is for me.  When I quit working, I put my nice black leather purse in the closet.  For one thing, it was getting old and torn up.  But, for another thing, it was a representation of my working life and putting it away was a sign that I was now a stay-at-home mom.  But, I’ve been using a purse that I knitted or a bag that Mr. Math Tutor crocheted.  The problem is that they don’t have any organization to them, so I can’t ever find my cell phone (or anything else, for that matter) when I need it.  The new purse is similar to my old one (they’re both from Wilson’s leather) with several pockets and an organizer section so I don’t need a wallet.

3. One of my goals for 2010 is to read my American Family Physician journals.  I read a lot, but I haven’t been reading any medical journals or articles.  I don’t think I’ll be going back to work this year unless something drastic happens, but I do want to keep up with what’s going on in the world of medicine.  I want to work eventually, so I hope that reading regularly will keep me up on the newest developments.

4. We gave my nephew (age 8) The Dangerous Book for Boys for a Christmas present.  Wild Man has that book and has been making up secret codes so he sent an email to his cousin with a coded message and the page number where the key to the code is.  His cousin sent back a message yesterday and Wild Man wrote up another one today.  I think this is going to be good for both of them!

5. Rosie Girl had her tonsillectomy yesterday.  She actually didn’t feel too poorly yesterday, but is definitely feeling icky today.  I had my tonsils out when I was 4 years old, and I’m glad I don’t remember it.  But, Rosie Girl is doing a good job of taking her pain medicine and getting in lots of fluids.  The next few days are going to be rough, but I’m sure it will all be fine next week.

6. The Wii Fit is going to be a great thing for our family.  I have a hard time getting Wild Man to do physical activity during the winter.  Usually, he just walks on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day.  With the Wii Fit, though, he has done lots of different activities for up to a couple of hours a day.

7. I find it difficult to exercise when I have headaches, but I think I can do some of the Wii Fit yoga or balance exercises as long as the headache isn’t too terrible (even if I wouldn’t normally want to walk on the treadmill).  Of course, I am also finding that I’m not in great shape because I’m quite sore after doing much of anything with the Wii Fit.  I suppose this is good, though.

Check out what others have to say at 7 Quick Takes Friday!!

No comments: