Monday, May 11, 2009

A Simple Woman’s Daybook – May 11, 2009

simple-woman-daybook-small Outside my window . . . just a few clouds in the sky and the birds are singing.

I am thinking . . . about how much I need to clean the living room.

I am thankful for . . . my wonderful family who gave me a lovely Mother’s Day yesterday!

From the kitchen . . . not much.  We have sandwiches on Monday and no one has started making lunch.

I am wearing . . . a Fort Wilderness T-shirt, jeans, white socks, sneakers.

I am hoping . . . that our gardening is successful!

I am creating . . . Mr. Math Tutor’s sweater – I’m on my second time through it.  I completely ripped it out before because the sleeves were too long and the body too short.  I’m also working on a purse for Rosie Girl.

I am hearing . . . the birds singing and Mr. Math Tutor talking to himself as he gets ready for an online tutoring session.

In the learning room . . . we have five more weeks of “school” left, but I haven’t scheduled any science during these five weeks.  Rosie is working on her research paper now while Wild Man is up in his room reading.

Around the house . . . the living room is a mess and needs to be cleaned.  The trampoline is put up so the kids have been playing on it for the last couple of days.  My desk needs to be straightened.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . do schoolwork, organize little bits and pieces, clean windows, pray for few (or no!) migraines.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . Wild Man made this for me yesterday for Mother’s Day.  He got Mr. Math Tutor to do the sawing, but he did the drilling all himself!  The inside part says “is always good to me”.

SANY1533

Check out The Simple Woman’s Daybook for more entries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

I just had to stop by and tell you how much your article on dyslexia at Heart of the Matter Online meant to me. My older daughter is mom-diagnosed dyslexia (since we had hoops to jump through similar to those you mentioned and never got an "official" diagnosis).

Now my son, age 9, is a struggling reader. I think he probably has a form of dyslexia, though milder than his older sister's, but we haven't sought a diagnosis at this point.

I found myself nodding my head when you said that you hoped to teach your son to communicate, in written form, well enough that college will be an option for him. I can so relate. I don't really hold out hope for my older two having a love for words like I do, but it is my goal to equip them for whatever they might like to do.

You have inspired me today. Thank you.