Saturday, May 16, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday – May 15, 2009

7_quick_takes_sm

Technically, it’s Saturday, but I feel like it’s Friday, so I’ll write my post anyway!

1. Wicked migraine today.  I ended up having to go to the clinic for medications.  The good news, though, is that the migraine started early enough that I got into the clinic while they were still open instead of having to deal with the Emergency Department.

2. We have onions and lettuce coming up in the garden!!  I’ll post pictures in a day or two.  Maybe we’ll have more than one carrot sprout as well!

3. Next year is 25 years since I graduated high school!  EEK!  Some of the alums have set up a reunion website already, so we can see what others have been up to.  Pretty cool.

4. I got Inkheart on CD from the library and I really want to listen to it, but Wild Man doesn’t want to start it until we finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  We’re more than halfway through the Harry Potter book, so maybe we can start this week.

5. Sophie (Rosie Girl’s cat) loves ice cream and is right now licking the leftovers from my ice cream cup from earlier this evening.  Crazy cat.

6. We need to build a trellis for the garden to hold the pumpkin vines, but we were going to have to pay about $30 for the supplies.  Mr. Math Tutor, though, found that we have some very usable old pipe behind the garage that he can use.  Talk about saving money and being ecologically conscious!

7. I think we’re going to get our kitchen and dining room painted for us!  For free (kind of)!  The teens at church are trying to raise money to go to camp this summer, so they are offering to do work at people’s homes.  We would support them anyway, but would be thrilled if they would paint for us.  I’m all excited.

Check out Conversion Diary for more great 7 Quick Takes Friday posts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, as long as you're being ecologically conscious!

-ccc