Monday, October 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - October 20, 2008

mpm3

It's time to plan the menus for the week.  As I've done before, I will just list the meals and wait to see what the week brings to decide when to make what.  On Mondays, the kids go to dance then AWANA, so it's a sandwich day.  Tuesdays are pretty simple meals because we go grocery shopping in the afternoon after Ga'hoole Girl's piano lesson.  This week, the kids have a lot of input into the menus because they both want to help cook - which is fine with me!

1. Red Beans and Rice - Mr. Math Tutor and Ga'hoole Girl cook this because I don't like it.  I'll have a sandwich that night.

2. Tacos - Wild Man's request.  Besides, we have tons of ground beef and venison in the freezer.

3. Irish Stew - We have the lamb bone left over from leg of lamb a few months ago, so we'll make our own stock and then make stew.

4. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - I like to add spinach to my sandwiches and Wild Man likes to cook them.

5. Pasta with Garlic, Herbs, and Parmesan cheese - Easy and cheap.

6. Leftovers - at least one meal's worth!

Wild Man also wants to make a chocolate pound cake this week, and I want to make some whole wheat bread.  We won't be bored in the kitchen this week!.  Check out orgjunkie.com for more great menu plans.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I'm with Wild Man. I'd love some of that chocolate pound cake. Yum!