- Monday through Thursday away from home with NO MIGRAINES!!!!
- Managing Chicago public transportation.
- All the nice people who helped us get where we needed to without getting lost.
- Seeing all four museums PLUS the Hancock tower.
- The self-guided audio tour of the Hancock tower - new since the last time we were there.
- The yummy food - from Dunkin Donuts (not gourmet, but yummy nonetheless) to delicious soup at the food court in Water Tower Place.
- Staying in a "vintage" hotel with very nice staff and a fridge and microwave to have leftovers for dinner one night.
- Happy children for the vast majority of the trip.
- Buying seven day transit passes when we would have been better off paying cash.
- Losing one of the transit passes on Wednesday.
- Rain on Wednesday
- The kids didn't like the Field Museum, but that gave us lots of time at the Museum of Science and Industry.
- An absolutely tiny bathroom in our hotel room.
- My incredibly sore feet, legs, and back.