Friday, October 03, 2008

Discontent

Today, the local newspaper had an ad and a short article about the practice where I used to work hiring another young, female doctor who will do pretty much what I did - see entire families, deliver babies, etc. I love staying home right now, but there are times when I miss working. I miss the people I worked with. I miss my patients. I would be thrilled right now with working just part-time, but I can't. I thought I was completely OK with not working in medicine, but I guess not. Please pray for God to give me back my contentment. Guess I'll read Phillipians again tonight.

2 comments:

Staci Eastin said...

After years of part time, I just quit completely a month or so ago. Even though I really, really wanted to quit, it's been harder than I thought it would be. You'll be in my prayers.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

(((Catherine)))

It's awful to realize that something you thought you had dealt with was just buried, isn't it? I can't count the number of times I've felt that way, and I would imagine that given all the dedication and time that was required for your career it's got to be even harder.

Just hang in there, look for what God is doing in your life NOW and reading Phillipians is a great idea.