Saturday, October 18, 2008

Being Political

This afternoon, State Representative Kevin Peterson came by the house as part of his pre-election canvassing. I was happy to take his literature and was also happy to let him put a sign in front of our house. Actually, I asked if he had a McCain/Palin sign as well, since I haven't gotten around to going to the Republican Party headquarters to get one. That's probably as political as I'll get this season. I have lots and lots of opinions, but not enough time to add politics to everything else on my plate. But, now, everyone who drives by our little house will know that we are Republicans!!

P.S. One of the joys of small town life is that I have actually met Mr. Peterson before when I was working as a physician. He was interested to hear that we homeschool and said he would be happy to discuss government for a homeschool group or set up a tour of the state capitol in Madison.

No comments: