Monday, May 01, 2006

We've had 2 showings of our house in 2 days, but neither person was interested. We have to sell this house for financial reasons, but we have an offer on a really cute one that's not too far away. This is quite frustrating for me. I want to find these people and grab them and yell: "What's wrong with the house? Isn't it clean enough?? Do you want use to repaint or change light fixtures??" But, there are plenty of other homes for sale, so I guess this just isn't the one for them.

The kids and I did very little useful today. We went to the library and then to piano lessons. My ds hadn't practiced all week, so he just did sight-reading (which is pretty limited when you are still learning notes!). My dd had a better lesson. She loves to play and practices without being asked. But the rest of the afternoon was spent making cupcakes for ds to take to AWANA. My dh was sweet and went to the grocery store to get frosting for the cupcakes. After being up till midnight Saturday night making frosting for his birthday cake, I just wasn't up to doing it again!! So, I sent him to AWANA with all but 2 cupcakes. But, I left the 2 cupcakes on the counter while I was upstairs walking on the treadmill (thinking they would be safe - the cats don't bother the bread when it is cooling). Well, I came down after my walk to find that some creature had helped itself to the tops of both of the cupcakes. Hmmm. Who could it have been. We have had our older cats, Silver and Sassy for 3 years, and, while they do like to sleep on the counters, they only get into cups of milk. They leave the food alone. But, Sophie, the kitten, who came to live with us in October, is another story. She still hasn't learned to leave the people food alone. I'm betting the she attacked the cupcakes. Well, she will feel the wrath of ds and dd this evening.


See what a mischievous kitten she looks like. This picture was taken in the laundry room the other day. Ah, well. She gets away with a lot because she is so cute!!

My headaches have actually been OK for a couple of days. What a blessing that has been. It is kind of depressing, though, to tell people that they really aren't any different since I've quit work. We all kind of had this expectation that quitting work would magically make my head stop hurting, but it didn't. The one thing that quitting work helped was giving me the freedom (for the most part) to stop what I'm doing when I get a migraine to get the migraine under control. It is a little interesting at times to see what happens in our house on a migraine day. Very little housework gets done. L (my dd) gets a lot of her schoolwork done (she's 10), but C (my ds) only gets done what he can do with a computer or with his sister. Often, if the headache is in the morning, I'll feel better by noon, and then we get stuff done (and the kids get upset because they thought they were going to get the rest of the day off!!).

I suppose I'd better get the dishes done and make some attempt to clean house and hope to get more showings. I'll keep praying for the right person to buy this house to come along very soon. I'm having a little bit of a hard time trusting God for this right now. But, I'll pray some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catherine: Sorry the showings didn't go well. Is your real estate agent doing any sort of exit survey (after people decide they're not interested, they fill out a short survey or at least your real estate agent calls their agent and asks why they're not interested)? If not, I would recommend you do something like that----then you'll have some ideas why people aren't interested. But just keep faith that the Lord will bring the right buyer along when the time's right. It's so hard for us sometimes to be patient on His time when we are in tough situations. We can relate as we also had 2 mortgages for 3 months (along with utilities, etc) and it was hard, but somehow the Lord saw us through and He'll do the same for ya'll; and in the process, you'll learn alot from the experience that you couldn't have learned anywhere else. It's always easier said than done, I know. All of you are in our constant prayers!