Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Good friends and Crazy Cats

Our realtor scheduled an Open House on Saturday. I'm hoping that the right person will see the house that day. L and I will be going on and AWANA overnight trip. She managed to rope me into chaperoning this year. I love the camp that we are going to (the same place we go to family camp), but this time it is with a whole bunch of 8-12 year olds - EEK! I'm sure we'll have a total blast! P and C will be batching it here at home - lots of testosterone and speaking in one syllable words! C gets to join his dad at Men's Breakfast at church and then they are planning on going bowling.

Last Saturday we were incredibly blessed to have 4 families from one of the small groups in our church come to help get some stuff done in and around our house that we have been unable to do or unable to get around to doing. In 2 hours, they got an amazing amount of work done and had fun at the same time. Meanwhile, the kids played in the back yard.






I am also trying to get the house clean for Saturday, but it appears to be a hopeless task. I have felt rotten the last 2 days because of either cold or allergies. You would think that a doctor would be able to figure things like this out, but it's really tough. The symptoms are more allergy-like, but the allergy meds aren't working. And, the symptoms came on all of the sudden, like a cold. Anyway, tomorrow through Friday has to be dedicated to doing a little bit of cleaning at a time. The house stays pretty clean, but we need to do the sinks, etc.

Two of our three cats were sitting in an open window and S3 decided to start slapping S2 (all three cats have S names) so I had to get a picture! S1 and S2 were our first two cats. S1 was the dominant cat at first, but after 1 1/2 years, S2 became dominant (I didn't know that could happen, but it definitely did here!). When S3 came in last fall, she was only 12 weeks old and was a pretty calm little kitten, so we figured she would fit right in the pecking order. Not so! She is pretty clearly the dominant cat! Not that the other 2 don't fight back - there are some pretty interesting cat fights around here sometimes. This afternoon, S2 started chasing S1 downstairs and S1 made a hissing/screeching (not really bad, don't worry) sound. Well, S3 hears it and starts running down the stairs like she's thinking "Ooo, can I play, too!" It had to be the funniest thing we had seen in a week!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try green tea. Kimberly makes us iced green tea. She is convinced that all the antioxidants in it help to keep her feeling good. I've just recently started drinking it and it doesn't have as much caffeine as real tea. Unfortunately, it doesn't taste as good as real tea.

Anonymous said...

Also red and white tea have more antioxidants than green tea (and hardly any caffeine----1 mg versus green tea with 30 mg and coffee with 100mg per cup). Just recently, I ran out of red/white/green tea and went 1 week without drinking it because I didn't have time to buy any at the store. As a result, I caught the cold that Evan had and then Curtis got it. It lasted for about 2 weeks. I haven't got sick this entire past fall/winter season when Curtis and Evan got colds twice. I truly believe that my daily 8-12 oz of green or red or white tea (I like to alternate for variety) kept me from getting it. I learned a big lesson this last time that when I run out.......go to the store and buy it immediately!!!! I brew mine in the Iced Tea Brewer Machine (just like I would regular black tea) and keep it cold in the fridge. I like it better cold than hot. Green tea has a grassy taste (that's why Curtis doesn't like it), but the red and white teas are soooo much better tasting (they're naturally sweeter). The red and white teas are also the least processed tea available--that's why they're so high in antioxidants and they don't have any caffeine (whereas black tea is highly processed and has a high caffeine content with little antioxidants---green tea is somewhere in the middle). I can buy Kroger green tea (48 bags) for $1.50 whereas I buy the white and red tea at Ross or Marshalls for $3.99 (48 bags) but lately I've been able to buy it on clearance for $2. It's more expensive than regular black tea but I feel that the antioxidants I get are more than worth it!