Monday, May 15, 2006

AWANA Camp

I spent Friday night and Saturday at camp with my daughter and the AWANA group from our church. The camp we go to is up north about 3 hours and is also where we go for family camp, so it is very familiar for us. They had some snow on the ground from earlier in the week and there were still patches in the woods - snow in mid May!!

It was a rainy Friday night, so our "campfire" was in the dining hall around the fireplace. Saturday was intermittently rainy, but not bad. We did a hike in the woods and played a game. L and I were on the last trail ride of the day. We ended up being very thankful for that because we were dry!! I'm still a little sore from the riding, but it's not too bad.

There was only person who came by the open house, and she was not very interested. But, we have a showing tomorrow. We are still hopeful.

The selling of the house is only partially for financial reasons. This whole disability/headache/quitting work thing was a real wake-up for me and P about life. We don't want the big house any more. We really want to simplify our lives with a smaller home, less stuff, and more time for each other. If the insurance money comes through, a lot of money problems ease up. If the headaches get better (it could happen!) I still don't want to go back to full-time work anytime soon. I'm enjoying being home with my kids - I think I'll stick with it for a while.

No comments: