Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Chaotic morning

If I was under any illusion that the SAHM thing was going to be calm and relaxing, today shot that down. This morning, I had plumbers doing inpections while we were trying to wrangle cats into one room so they didn't escape. The kitchen that I cleaned early this am is again a disaster from bread baking and breakfasting. The kids both had Ramen at 10am - Why? I have no idea - I just looked up to see L making a package of Ramen. C came over to ask if he could have Mountain Dew offered by the landscapers next door (we know them) but C then fell apart when I told him that he had to share it with L. While C was crying about the Mountain Dew, W (a missionary friend serving in Venezuela) called to tell me that he had just cut his wrist on razor wire and he thinks he cut a vein because of the profuse bleeding. The good news is that since I stocked their first aid cabinet last year, I have a good idea of what all they have in the way of supplies, so I was able to tell him what to do. Hopefully, it will quit bleeding and not require sutures. W doesn't deal so well with the health care system in a developed country, much the less in a developing country!

OK. Breathe. Relaxation exercises. Well, the bread is done and is some of the prettiest that I've ever done. This is good because I'm taking it to the office (I've had this cold/congestion for 24 days now, so I'm actually going to seek medical attention from someone besides myself!). The plumbers are gone and assure me that they will get the right papers to the right people on time for closing (crossing my fingers and saying a prayer on that one). C got the Mountain Dew and willingly split it with L and everyone was pleased. I haven't yet heard back from W about his bleeding wrist. I'll pray about that. I'll also pray about my kitchen. Maybe God will do a miracle. In the meantime, a nap is in order.

No comments: